Sunday, January 6, 2008

Longing for my favorite season - unedited

Moon~waves of clouds floating, amber circles the white light. The taste of autumn , senses awakened. The breeze in my face, the rustling of the leaves, the brilliant explosion of color against the sky of the rising moon splashed across the horizon, finger paints texture feel the leaves crumple under my touch taste their smell. Watch touch taste their smell. The color fades and flies only for a season and a sea of green and yellow will be reborn but for now my favorite time is here in my mind. It swims in this season of sensual overload. The breeze causes the leaves to dance a little louder than any other season; it causes the scent of the tilled earth to float through the air - remnant's of the harvest returned to the earth to where it all sprang from. I smile at the beauty of it all, how memory serves my desires. I can still feel the colors: yellow, still soft and with life, red to orange, a little more course but fragrant until they lose their life and crumble returning again. It is warm, the sky is awash with stars reflecting like moonlight in an ocean gently pushed by the autumn breeze. Can you feel this too? Can you see it? Do you look up at the sky and wonder in the amazement of a child even though your childhood is well behind you. What if you could reach up and touch those stars, gently stirring and watch them whirl like the clouds float though the day unguided. Innocence, purity, unedited, unscripted, free flowing. What do you see, where does your imagination take you, what do you feel. Whole, alive, refreshed, truth if truth can be felt - beautiful.

1 comment:

Martini Cartwheels said...

Autumn is my favorite season as well. Nicely written Cristina - I could picture myself walking through the fallen leaves and could actually smell fall. May sound a little crazy but I could.