Monday, September 24, 2007

Fall

If I could only bottle up fall and keep it close all year. Fall just wakes up all the senses. The smells which end up in the back of my throat almost tasting the fabulousness occurring before me, sights, feeling the leaves beneath my feet or as I scuff my feet through a pile as I walk, and hearing the leaves rustle with the wind, watching them falling to the ground. Listening to the river as it flows its natural course.

Walking I encountered someone who was in the same place I was. It was a spirit filled place and energy was teeming. I felt this person before I looked up from the place I was and a smile gradually found it's way across my face. A smile acknowledging the presence of something greater than all of us working between us. She was smiling the same smile I had found because she felt the interconnectedness as well.

I found what my soul needed in those few moments. I am carrying that wonderful energy with me even today and feel so refreshed and content for finding it still.

3 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

Hey Christina,

This post makes me appreciate this perfect fall day even more. Hope you were able to get out there and enjoy this glorious day!

Cristina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I breezed over here from cj's blog.

Fall is beautiful, but I prefer Autumn... I mean the word "Autumn". It just has a nicer sound to it, more fitting to the multicolored leaves, foggy mornings and squirrels gathering nuts. - I'm rambling.

You must be getting over your funk because you sound happier in this blog entry.