Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Labor Day 2007

It was nice to get out today and just kayak alone. Time for me to be with me and my thoughts. No one to distract me from the quality time with myself. A time to run away from responsibility even if for just a few moments. It is sometimes scary for me to be alone, forcing myself to be with my thoughts and reflections. I wonder...well let's just say I wonder a lot of things.

It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining and there were not too many boaters on the lake so I was not fighting too many wakes out there. I saw witness to fall being right around the corner and thought to myself, "This would be a wonderful fall trip on the kayak when the leaves all begin to turn." I would love to do a "midnight" tour of the lake, I wonder if I can get anyone to do that with me next month right around the full moon. I know it will be chilly, but.....

It is great when you get out there and begin paddling because everyone you meet (or almost everyone) is out there because they enjoy it. They are quick with a smile and a hello, nice day. Make me wonder (here I go again with that wondering mind of mine) if the goodness in humanity is actually not dismissed forever as I am sometimes inclined to think. I can be so cynical sometimes, I think it is because I am a native here in CT (as I have been told by a temporary transplant it is the F*@$ you me first state).

I got home, unloaded my boat, packed up my gear and crashed by 8:30 (very unusual for me, the one who hates to sleep even though I know I need it (god do I need sleep otherwise look out), because I am afraid I might miss something that I would not otherwise get an opportunity to witness.

No comments: