Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I'm Going to be Alright

I tell ya, I have no idea what has gotten into me lately (okay the last 3 weeks or more) but it is gradually lifting. I am feeling much better than I have in my last blogs. God I hate being in a funk like that and thanks to a very good friend for just listening to me (even when she should have just reached through cyberspace and smacked me upside the head) and imparting some objective insights on me. I am a good person and I just need to let the world see the real me even if it scares the bejeepers out of me. I am funny (and not just looking - haahaa), I am smart and she says I am cute (I am still having a hard time buying that one but okay I trust you). I am also on a journey and need to open myself to new friendships with individuals who are seeking as I am. Being in this place is frighteningly lonely and it has been this feeling of loneliness that has just been so overwhelming.

So here I am, feeling that something good is right around the corner. I am attempting to embrace the idea of goodness in my life because so far what I have been doing has not worked.

Situations in my life are just that, they do not define me, I am not the cause for or responsible for some of those that have absolutely managed to knock me on my tail lately. These situations are not a reflection of me, how I handle them is and I am making a choice to accept that which I cannot change. I am taking a leap of something (others call it faith, I don't believe in faith or the idea of faith at least not right now). Wish me luck!!! My good friend has given me a quote we have all heard probably a million times - "Leap and the net will appear." Well...here goes...........

2 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

You will be more than alright girl! I know it! Nice to see you in the blogosphere.

Cristina said...

Hey, now that my 3 or so week funk is exiting the building methinks thar just might be some funnin to be had. Look out girls (maybe one in particular) all the same look out.